Job Identification: #210189376
Job schedule: Full time
The Treasury and the Chief Investment Office (TCIO) within JPMorgan is responsible for Firmwide asset and liability management for one of the world’s largest global financial institutions with a $2.5 trillion balance sheet, including more than $900 billion in loans and $1.4 trillion in deposits. Because it sits at the very center of the firm, TCIO directly influences the composition of the firm’s balance sheet as well the activities of the firm’s four main lines of business (LOBs): Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank, and Consumer & Community Banking.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Aggregating and managing theinterest rate risk of the firm’s four main lines of business (LOBs), primarily through a ~$500 billion global investment securities portfolio.
- Managing the firm’s funding and liabilities through ~$250 billion in long-term debt and other funding sources, and managing nearly $400 billion of short term cash deployment activities.
- Aggregating and managing the firm’s liquidity risk, including deploying the firm's excess liquidity. Also responsible for compliance with both internal and regulatory liquidity requirements.
- Aggregating and managing the firm’s structural foreign exchange risk.
- Risk managing Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR) on behalf of the Mortgage Bank.
- Managing the ~$14 billion company-sponsored retirement plan.
- Managing the end to end risk-weighted asset (RWA) and capital measurement processes across the firm, ensuring efficient and appropriate management of our capital, and managing the Firmwide Capital Stress Testing process.
The TCIO Execution Middle Office provides Trade Support, Settlement, Reference Data, Project Management, and other Operational support to the TCIO desks which execute transactions and manage resulting positions:
- Portfolio Management: This desk manages the Firm’s investment portfolio, which includes a wide range of fixed income products including corporate bonds, asset- and mortgage-backed securities, municipal bonds, and government securities. It also includes the MSR Hedging group, who utilize a variety of interest rate derivatives (options and swaps) and fixed income products to manage the complex market risks generated by the Bank's mortgage servicing activities.
- Funding: This team manages the implementation of the firm’s funding plan, including multiple forms of long-term debt issuance in all major currencies. It also manages the firm’s short-term cash across both developed and emerging markets using a variety of products, including foreign exchange swaps, repurchase agreements and money markets.
Working as a key member of the Middle Office Trade Support team supporting TCIO's global activity, you will be responsible to ensure the business’s dynamic environment is well supported and properly controlled. Due to the constant evolution of business and regulatory initiatives, your role will necessitate your involvement in daily processes as well as special projects. You will work closely with Portfolio Managers to fully understand business drivers and support requirements, as well as colleagues within settlement, financial control, market risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, and technology.
A qualified candidate will possess a financial mindset, an appreciation for complex system flows and the controls necessary to ensure their accuracy, an aptitude for root/cause analysis, demonstrated people management skills, and an overriding eagerness to exhibit leadership and drive.
- Understand all transaction flows and controls pertinent to the disparate set of products in the TCIO portfolio. Whether directly responsible, or managing via service level, ensure control processes operate effectively to quickly highlight potential issues in the lifecycle management of positions.
- Address issues as they arise as a matter of urgency. Escalate issues as necessary and distill key messages for management consumption.
- As a means to uncover and address opportunities for improvement or operational deficiencies, perform thorough/extensive root cause analysis.
- Perform extensive review of the TCIO executed activity to ensure compliance against policies, procedures and regulations. Serve as the central contact for front office supervisory review, surveillance and compliance-related matters.
- Work actively with the funding front office to ensure critical collateral movements and funding flows are successfully settled and represented in the Firm’s risk systems.
- Develop and maintain key metrics to indicate the health of individual processes.
- Prepare ad hoc analyses to provide historical context, support business arguments, and/or ensure accuracy of results.
- Identify opportunities and drive the development of technology to support business flows.
- Generate test cases and execute user acceptance testing to ensure new technology delivers and functions as expected.
- In support of business initiatives, participate in global working groups with colleagues from other disciples or other regions. Deliver substantive and meaningful contribution to group’s work product.
- Build and maintain strong business, operations and technology relationships.
- Manage junior team members and provide appropriate coaching, training and development support.
- Strong analytical skills to understand a diverse set of sophisticated cross-asset products and complex end-to-end workflow.
- Detail-oriented with a strong control mindset and experience in reconciliation across multiple systems.
- Superior attention to detail and a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Effective organization and communication skills.
- Ability to manage, develop and influence people.
- Ability to multi-task & prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interest in process improvement, automation, and system enhancement.
- Extensive financial instrument product knowledge.
- Ability to self-motivate, drive urgently and deliver with fine attention to detail. Must possess the ability to research and resolve issues independently while working across teams to acquire needed information.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities / stakeholders.
- 8+ years’ experience in Finance, Middle Office, or related field.
- Trade Support-related experience preferred.
- Must have experience directly managing a small team.
- Successfully partnering with business and technology to define requirements and drive issue resolution.
- Experience with working in a highly regulated environment and identifying, performing, and documenting controls and governance processes.
- Experience supporting large initiatives across multiple functional groups.
- Comfortable with handling large datasets; Strong Excel skills; Tableau & Alteryx experience a plus.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
PUBLISHED: 29 październik 2021
OFFER DUE TO: 29 listopad 2021