Job Identification: #210110601
Job schedule: Full time
ABOUT Treasury/Chief Investment Office:
T/CIO Global Operations is part of the Treasury/Chief Investment Office (T/CIO) which is responsible for Firmwide asset and liability management including:
- aggregating and managing the firm’s structural interest rate risk, primarily through a global investment portfolio
- managing the firm’s funding and liabilities, including both long term debt and short term cash deployment
- aggregating, managing and reporting the firm’s liquidity risk
- aggregating and managing the firm’s structural foreign exchange
- managing the end to end risk weighted assets and capital process
ABOUT Execution Middle Office:
The Execution Middle Office provides transaction analysis, P&L and risk and project support to the T/CIO desks which execute transactions and manage resulting positions. You will participate in the effort to ensure the business’s dynamic environment is well supported and properly controlled. Due to the constant evolution of business and regulatory initiatives, your role will necessitate your involvement in daily processes as well as drive projects. You will work closely with Portfolio Managers to fully understand business drivers and support requirements, as well as colleagues within settlement, financial control, market risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, and technology.
- Production and substantiation of P&L and Risk to CIO/Treasury FO/Management
- Provide relevant analysis and commentary to portfolio manager(s) in order to facilitate their daily book(s) review and sign-off
- Perform various control reconciliation/reporting to ensure integrity and accuracy of all Corporate feeds impacting the business
- Perform selected month end P&L reconciliation and work closely with Finance Controllers team to ensure proper reconciliation of P&L & Balance Sheet
- Participate in the identification or development of technology to support new business flows
- Generate test cases and execute user acceptance testing to ensure new technology delivers and functions as expected
- Actively participate in strategic re-engineering and global projects involving front/back end systems and closely partner across 3 regions. Deliver substantive and meaningful contribution to group’s work product
- Work in close partnership with various stake holders i.e. markets risk, finance, BM, VCG, other LOB controllers, technology & PMO on BAU/ad hoc management requests
- Develop written procedures covering all aspects of required business as usual tasks
- Participate in cross-functional training to ensure adequate coverage
- Manage a small team of professionals and drive the performance of team members
Qualifications / Key Skillset:
- Degree Holder major in Finance, Accounting, Risk e.g. CPA, CFA, FRM or other management discipline
- 8+ years of working experience in Middle Office, Market Risk, Finance or Product Control with product knowledge in Fixed Income and Treasury products
- Strong analytical skills to understand a diverse set of sophisticated cross-asset products and complex end-to-end workflow
- Good communication skills, robust and credible partner with all stakeholders, including but limited to technology and business to define requirements and drive issue resolution
- Thorough understanding of transaction cycle, infrastructure & associated operational and financial processes and controls
- Strong interest in process improvement, automation, and system enhancement
- Experience with working in a highly regulated environment and identifying, performing, and documenting controls and governance processes
- Experience supporting large initiatives across multiple functional groups
- Ability to deal with high level of ad hoc requests and deliver under pressure, manage tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities
- Advanced Excel skills required, VBA knowledge will be an asset
- Strong organizational skills and an understanding of process controls and reporting
- Self-motivated team-player. Must possess the ability to research and resolve issues independently while working across teams to acquire needed information.
- Must have experience directly managing a small team
- Ability to manage, develop and influence people
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients’ needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.
PUBLISHED: 29 październik 2021
OFFER DUE TO: 29 listopad 2021