Who we are looking for
As a Risk Manager within State Street Global Advisors’ Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team, you will provide an independent investment risk oversight across investment funds and strategies managed in EMEA. You will need the ability to organize both qualitative and quantitative information in a meaningful way to develop and implement plans to mitigate risks to Funds and SSGA. The role requires a strong working knowledge of investment strategies and financial derivative instruments, gained from experience in institutional investment management, risk management and/or research organization.
In this role, you can anticipate substantive interaction with several global business functions, including Investment, Trading, Product, Legal and Compliance, and will need to communicate effectively with a wide range of people. You will also work closely with our Technology Risk partners to drive improvement in productivity via automation and centralization of risk reporting, to execute our digital transformation strategy. You will drive a risk-aware culture throughout the organization by challenging the status quo and providing objective thought leadership to our organization and the financial industry.
The Risk Manager will lead and oversee the Investment & Liquidity Risk function in SSGA Poland and promote a supportive work culture including activities such as hiring, direction, and training of staff as well as appropriate records management for direct reports.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Risk Manager you will
- Fulfill the Central Bank of Ireland CP86 requirements as the Designated Person for Fund Risk (PCF39c) in relation to UCITS and AIFMD regulation.
- As part of the global investment risk oversight team, to become a global lead in an investment risk or liquidity risk areas, such as leading the firm’s investment risk processes in an asset class, or derivative oversight.
- Manage the team of investment and liquidity risk professionals in Poland who support the Fund Risk oversight requirements, supporting a culture of risk transparency and effective challenge. Be responsible for hiring, direction, and training of staff, together with any dual managers.
- Oversee, maintain and improve the investment risk management framework and processes, including the Risk Management Process (RMP).
- Actively examine, measure, monitor and communicate regulatory and internal risk exposures and changes in the risk profile of investment funds and respond to ad-hoc requests from various business groups and senior management.
- Ensure appropriate risk management information is produced, reviewed and presented at appropriate intervals, notably senior management, board and regulator reporting.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the global organization to develop and implement policies, procedures and processes for the investment risk program.
- Develop methodologies for improving portfolio risk analytics and undertake unsupervised research on areas of risk management.
- Build collaborative working relationships with investment professionals and promote a shared vision of the benefits of risk-aware decision-making.
- Provide fund risk leadership and strong cross risk discipline vision by serving as a key contact for risk queries and collaborating with other risk and internal control functions.
- Work at the forefront of financial regulatory developments, new products, services and applications as well as assess and report on their respective impacts to the business's risk profile.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity and ensure compliance with accepted industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent analytical and communication skills combined with the ability to work independently with can-do attitude.
- Collaborative by nature with the ability to help others achieve more, working with local and global teams, including the flexibility to work within global deadlines.
- Experience with risk concepts and database tools is required, with specific skills in utilizing risk models (e.g., Axioma, Bloomberg’s PORT, MSCI BarraOne) considered a plus.
- Strong technical skills: the ability to build tools and reporting for risk management and to leverage technology and systems; programming skills (e.g., Access, Python, R, SQL, VBA) are considered a plus.
- Take ownership, and initiative and successfully navigate within a fast-paced and international environment of a leading global financial institution.
- Have the ability and motivation to master key concepts and themes in an evolving regulatory environment.
- Have a high degree of efficiency, attention to detail and focus on efficient and accurate execution
- Have a positive attitude that motivates and inspires others.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics or business-related field, or equivalent experience; having CFA or FRM is a plus.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a financial services organization, buy-side experience is preferred.
- Deep understanding of financial markets and instruments, passion for investment management and a good grasp of investment products, especially mutual funds and ETFs.
- Ability to build strong internal partnerships and establish relationships with portfolio managers, traders, client-facing teams, and senior management.
State Street Global Advisors
PUBLISHED: 10 maj 2022
OFFER DUE TO: 10 czerwiec 2022